Captive woman (Photo posed by model)
Ulster’s sex slave suspect allegedly upgraded his Housing Executive home to facilitate his sordid web of abuse.
The Sunday World can reveal the 57-year-old, who cannot be named, allegedly moved to a larger three bedroom home he later extended by knocking through to the adjacent dwelling.
It is claimed he made the request to the authorities for a bigger home at the same time that it is suspected that he took the second woman as his sexual prisoner.
The woman was held in a room where she was allegedly treated as a sex toy by the accused and a string if unknown men.
It has also been alleged that the rapes and sexual abuse took place in front of the his wife.
Last week in court it was revealed that this alleged victim was severely malnourished after being kept locked in a bedroom for almost 10 years.
When discovered last December the woman, who has a mental disorder, weighed just six stone and had only one ‘sound’ tooth remaining.
The other alleged victim, who was held for 20 years, was assessed as suffering from chronic post traumatic stress.
The bail application in Belfast heard the women were held at a specially adapted house in a housing estate in Co Armagh.
One of the women said her abuse began after she started a second family with the man accused of a catalogue of sickening sexual molestation.
Prosecutors claimed the woman suffering from a mental disorder had gone missing from her home in 2004.
The court was also told that video footage of sex acts involving both women, their alleged captor, his wife and other unidentified men have been seized.
Details emerged as the man accused of controlling and running the lives of two vulnerable adults at an address in County Armagh applied for bail.
He faces charges of rape, false imprisonment and sexual activity with a person with a mental disorder.
He is also charged with indecent assault, trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation, voyeurism, aiding and abetting rape and causing or inciting a person with a mental disorder to engage in sexual activity.
The alleged offences, committed between 2004 and January this year, are all denied.
The accused told police both women fully consented, the court heard.
His barrister also disputed any prosecution portrayal of his client was “a monster” overseeing a “house of horrors”.
During submissions a defence lawyer described his client as an “infirm” man who was at one stage bed-ridden for months.
However, after being challenged by the judge on a lack of medical evidence to back his assertions, he agreed to adjourn the application.
The accused will now remain in custody until his case returns to court at a later stage.
The accused captor’s wife is also facing a series of charges including a sexual offence with an elderly man.
Police were alerted to the home by Social Services last December after one of the women, known in court as M, contacted her learning disability team to report that there was a women in her 40’s had been locked in a room for years.
When they checked the premises they discovered the room in which the second woman was held. The door had no handle and could only be opened from the outside.