Scenes on Royal Avenue after rioting at last year's anti-internment parade
A petrol bomb has been thrown at the police as they tried to remove an anti-internment bonfire from Cullingtree Road in the Divis area on Thursday morning.
A 13-year-old and a 19-year-old were arrested after the petrol bomb was thrown.
Police entered the area at around 8am to protest council workers as they removed the bonfire.
A PSNI spokesperson said: "We always advise that organisers ensure they have sought permission from relevant landowners and that bonfires are safe, pose no threat to life or property and are not likely to prompt a breach of the peace or any other offence.
"Whilst the physical removal of bonfires is not a matter for police, local neighbourhood officers can and do attend when requested to do so by agencies involved in bonfire removal."
Meanwhile, a day care centre for vulnerable adults has said it will have to close on Friday over safety concerns over a republican bonfire nearby.
The Mica Day Centre in Beechmount is attended by 40 vulnerable adults.
In a statement, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust said: "We have taken the decision to make alternative arrangements for the provision of day services for adults with learning disabilities who attend Mica Drive for Friday 8 August only.
"This decision was taken in light of a planned community event close to the vicinity of Mica Drive, which has the potential to cause disruption to normal service provision.
"The decision has been taken in an effort to reduce anxiety and to maintain the safety and well-being of service users and staff who attend Mica Day Centre."
Last year an anti-internment parade resulted in some of the worst rioting in Belfast's city centre in recent years when police were confronted by hundreds of loyalist protesters.