Darren Moore in Hospital Bed
Trussed up terror boss Darren Moore has complained to police about having his picture taken but NOT about the attack that left him with four broken limbs!
Drug dealing tout Moore has been laid up in a hospital bed for the last few weeks after his former pals in the UVF subjected him to a savage beating that resulted in two broken legs and two broken arms.
The 44-year-old can't even scratch his own nose, but he was more concerned about being snapped in hospital than giving up the names of his hammer-wielding attackers.
The Sunday World understands police called to the home of a man who Moore blamed for taking a picture of him in his bed and which appeared in this newspaper. But we can reveal that while police are investigating the source of the snap, Moore has yet to make any formal complaint about the assault.
He has failed to cooperate with cops even though it is highly likely he knows the identity of the five man gang that set upon him with claw hammers.
The former police agent was battered and dumped in the grounds of a primary school on the outskirts of Belfast in an attack that was not sanctioned by the organisation's Shankill Road leadership. Moore, who has been a police tout for more than 20 years, was lured to Monkstown on the pretence of discussing his drug dealing activities.
Once he arrived he was dragged outside and attacked by a five man gang all wielding claw hammers.
He has had surgery with metal plates and pins inserted into his legs. His hospital bed picture was passed to the Sunday World last week and UVF sources on the Shankill Road say Moore was attacked as a warning to both the terror group leadership and former Mount Vernon commander and police tout Mark Haddock.
Last month the Sunday World revealed Haddock has bought a new life in Northern Ireland. The loyalist supertout Haddock has brokered a safe return to his home patch - with the full approval of UVF boss John 'Bunter' Graham and the PSNI, but without consultation with UVF membership.
The dirty deal will mean the former Mount Vernon UVF chief will be allowed to return from his safe house in England and set up home in Northern Ireland.
Well-placed sources have told us Haddock has been making regular trips to Northern Ireland in preparation for his permanent return and his girlfriend visits him a couple of times a month in his English bolt-hole. He has even been in regular touch with Moore, despite the fact it was his former lieutenant who tried to murder him!
Moore pumped six bullets into his one time terror boss after he was lured to a meeting in 2006.
The Sunday World can also reveal that Shore Road UVF boss Reggie Miller, a close associate of Haddock's during his Mount Vernon days, has disappeared from Belfast amid fears of more reprisals against Haddock's supporters.
UVF members have told us the organisation is split over leader John Bunter Graham's role in allowing Haddock to return. The deal was done without consultation and many see it as a snub to the ordinary membership.
Haddock is taking a big risk coming home - he has many enemies, particularly within the UVF - but sources have told the Sunday World he is confident that with Bunter's support he will be left alone. Sources have told us Haddock has access to weapons.
"He has two 9mm handguns hidden away, he always had them in the house, and he still has them."